How to Use CSI URINE®
CSI URINE is no ordinary cleaner. You don't use CSI URINE like an ordinary cleaner.
No Scrubbing Required
Why is urine
so hard to remove?
Urine is no ordinary stain.
Urine is no ordinary stain and cannot be dealt with effectively by ordinary cleaning products.
Urine is a waste product produced by the kidneys. It is composed of a number of elements, including Urea, Uric Acid and Bacteria.
What causes the terrible odour?
When urine dries, the urea is broken down by the bacteria producing a telltale ammonia smell.
Traditional household or carpet cleaners will deal with these and give the impression that the stain & odour has gone - but the stain has not gone.
Uric acid is left behind as crystals. Uric acid crystals are not water soluble and they stick to surfaces and bond to carpet fibres. Uric acid crystals produce the familiar pungent urine odour and will continue emit a foul odour until they are removed.
Humidity in the air can reactivate invisible uric acid stains from years ago - uric acid crystals can linger for up to a decade.
How does CSI URINE work?
CSI URINE is no ordinary cleaner.
It does not try to simply wash away urine because urine cannot simply be washed away.
CSI URINE actually 'digests' the uric acid crystals - it uses a unique blend of enzymes and microbes that break down urine into harmless molecules like water and carbon dioxide, which then simply evaporate.
CSI URINE attacks the urine at the molecular level to leave surfaces like floors, carpets, upholstery and fabrics Forensically Clean.
The CSI URINE formulations are used in the professional cleaning sector for applications including nursing homes, crime scene cleanup, hospitals, public urinals, and food preparation areas.
CSI URINE is non-hazardous and safe to use around pets and humans alike.
Is CSI URINE safe to use?
CSI URINE removes stains & odours using smart science rather than harsh chemicals. Most of us think that more powerful cleaning products are also more hazardous cleaning products, and in most cases this is true (bleaches, limescale removers, drain cleaners and antibacterial products, for example).
CSI URINE doesn't work like that. CSI URINE isn't corrosive like acid cleaners, and it isn't caustic like bleaches. CSI URINE won't dissolve your wood floor and it won't bleach the colour from your carpet. It won't burn your skin and it won't harm your pet's paws.
CSI URINE doesn't target people or pets, it only targets organic stains like urine, faeces and vomit.
How do I use CSI URINE?
CSI URINE is no ordinary cleaner, so you don't use it like an ordinary cleaner.
CSI URINE works almost like magic, as long as you follow the instructions below:
- Check for colourfastness on an inconspicuous area.
- Remove excess urine, faeces or vomit with paper towels.
- Saturate soiled areas with CSI URINE overlapping edges of stain.
- Do not scrub. Do not use with other cleaners.
- Allow to air dry.
- When completely dry vacuum or brush away any residue.
- Do not shampoo or steam-clean urine-soiled carpet or fabric until after odour and stain have been removed with CSI URINE.
- Saturate soiled area with CSI URINE overlapping edges of stain. Urine spreads 2-4 times its surface size as liquid soaks into underlay and through to the sub-floor.
- Allow to air dry. This may take up to 48 hours, depending on the temperature and humidity. CSI URINE works when the stained area is wet, and continues working until it is dry.
- When completely dry vacuum any residue.
- Repeat application as needed to break down old urine odour and stains.